..mostly it has to do with teeth..for I hate wearing dentures..preferring to let my gums be..
..pic of a gobek..for crushing betel leaves and nuts....
- ..I missed munching 'kacang putih' on the fly..it started with this Indian man who went around with a little table of nuts on his head and set it down just outside the schoolgate..5 cents would get you a fistful wrapped in a old newspaper cone..and you munched it on the way home...a habit I carried over into my later years until I lost almost all of my teeth on reaching 60..
- ..opening coke bottles with my teeth..it does not come in cans then..and its macho snapping it off in front of giggling girls...
- ..passionate kissing..there is not much passion when you got no teeth..and hers submerged in a solution...sheesh..
- ..unrestrained laughter..cannot laugh unrestrained..lest others see my toothless gums..so I controlled my smile..and try not to laugh too much..which is good, actually..sort of keep you
- ..licking on ice-cream in cones whilst walking around in public....an old man with kopiah on head licking ice cream??..but I remember sucking ais kepal balls at those mamak stalls near the round-about in Kuala Kangsar..at 5cents a ball..you just suck it as you walk around..until all the flavour is gone..
- ..hittiing the road alone with my car every fortnight..sometimes once a week..for KL from Kota Bharu...irregardless the time of day or night..sometimes arriving in the wee hours of the morn..to the welcoming arms of younger wife..yes, I missed that...the long solo drive..air-con off and windows down..feeling the wind beating hair..and hair was kept fashionably long..and car was a 2liter engine shodded with 205/50 series wheels..racing against no one except yourself..and stopping for goreng pisang taken with brown sugar at that mamak stall just after Petronas on entering Raub via Sg. Koyan...
- I missed the original lens in my right eye..a severe case of glaucoma and cataract caused it to be removed and replaced by an artificial one..my vision is restored, but it is not the same..nothing like the original..as in everything else.