Tuesday 5 May 2009

,,on birthdays and birth certificate...


..in truth I do not know when I was born...the exact date or the exact year..being a posthumous child, my late mother's priority was never to register me on giving birth to me...and in those times, the middle 1940's, I don't think she knew the mechanics of how to...so, I was never one who celebrates birthdays...and when later when I was about six or seven, she took me to her younger brother for him to keep, I was more intrigue by the black telephone sitting ominously on the table, than to the handing over ceremony...

..my late uncle promptly made a statutory declaration as to my birth date...the 22nd of June, 1945..and send me to school..Government English School, Kuala Krai...

..but my Indentity Card has it that I was born on the 14th of March...as shown by my IC No:450314-03-0000..that was a mystery that I was unable to solve until to this day...and my my children celebrate their father's birthday on the 22nd of May...and I am not certain how that date comes about...not that it matters to me, one way or the other...fact is I am around and in existence...so I must have been born sometimes..since my late mother was quite certain it was in 1945, at the least I am certain about the year..I can celebrate birth year...which will give me 374 days of celebration..every year...

1 comment:

afni lina said...

very confusing....the x-files