Wednesday 6 May 2009

.. a daughter in London, England...

..where shall I begin?..she was my third daughter..when she was in Year Six, Primary, and entering her Lower Secondary, her mother and I parted...it was not easy for everyone, especially her..Ida had always been independent..being the third, and left to her devices most times, she had to be...and to top it of, she was accepted into one of Malaysia's premier school for girls...Tun Fatimah Secondary School, Johore...and the general concensus was she was to go..."but I want both papa and mama send me," was her terms...setting out terms at a tender age of eleven..and I said,"ok,"..mama agreed..so,  swords and daggers sheathed, we left together for her first day at Tun Fatimah...

..and later, I was to make frequent trips to Johor Bharu..almost once a month...in my Mazda 626..a 12 hour journey...departing Thursdays and returning Saturdays..journeys made out of guilt and love that was not expressed...a few years later, I was to repeat that journey with her mama..she had landed a Public Services Department scholarship to do a degree in International Marketing...only this time the journey was to Subang Airport, Kuala Lumpur..to send her off to London..she graduated soon enough..but she did not returned..she met Tom, instead..and on a fateful day, a call came..."papa, I'm getting married"..to a native of England..to a Thomas Marsh..and will papa please delegate the power to marry her of to an Imam here in London?..and, somehow, I was not stumped..neither was I flabbergasted..matter-of-fact, I have half expected it..only later was I to wonder..will she ever returned?..



1 comment:

rizal hashim said...

Sedih saya baca posting ni. Pakmat kena berdoalah agar bertemu semula dengan anakanda tersayang, kalau tidakpun berusahalah ke London. Salam.