Thursday 20 May 2010

..the towering feeling..

..'and oh..the towering feeling...just to know that somewhere you are near'..



..I  met my Audrey..and the streets of Kota Bharu was where I skipped and jumped in youthful ectasy..I surrendered to the raging in my heart and all the pain and the conflicts  that came along with being in love...and how I struggled to keep it hidden.
..but, no..it was not yet time..and I fought against it..in fighting it I lost myself in the town that accepted me like a long, lost son..there were parties, nightclubs, hot dance-hostess who could do everything except dance and the band boys of Suara Kilat and The Streaks..I sang and I danced..but the tempest that whirled within refused to be quelled..I bought myself a Vespa..and found that every street, every road, every lane led to her house...

8 comments:

NanaDJ said...

Oh Saudara Mat, there you go agin...leaving me in suspense!

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Soundtrack by Ms Eydie ‘Chap’ Goh Mei;

What I did for LOVE

Kiss today goodbye,
The sweetness and the sorrow
Wish me luck, the same to you
But I can't forget what I did for love,
What I did for love.

Look, my eyes are dry,
The gift was ours to borrow
It's as if we always knew
And I won't regret what I did for love,
What I did for love.

Gone, love is never gone,
As we travel on,
Love's what we'll remember.

Kiss today goodbye,
And point me toward tomorrow
We did what we had to do
Can't forget,
Won't regret what I did for love.
What I did for love...
What I did for love...
What I did for love.

Tommy

P/S – Hey Pakmat, FYI, scooters are making a comeback now, new age yuppies r making a fashion statement with the trendy models, e.g. Piaggio (Vespa?) MP3 / XEvo.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Audrey Hepburn in KB? Woohoo....

Unknown said...

..salam NanaDJ..I must find a way to wind this up..it preoocupies me..hehe..you know..a thought came..and I let it percolates in my mind..memories came in flashes..

Unknown said...

hi, Tomnmy..hehe..you have over extended yourself this time, Tommy...an URL complete with lyrics?..but you r right..as, inevitably you r..my eyes are dry..for the gift was ours to borrow..and have you ever seen anything sexier than a girl in sarong riding pillion on a Vespa..? cheers..

my dear cat..hehe..careful, cat..you r becoming more human by the day..:) you even forgot to meow and purr..:)..and in many ways she was my Audrey..that touch of class and sophistication..and totally unreachable..cheers

rizal hashim said...

a younger version of audrey hepburn is jennifer love hewitt but not in the same class as the original one...watching her in a number of movies with cary grant...class personified...

anyway all roads leading to her house....? hmmmm

do everything except dance? hahahahaha

Unknown said...

..yes, mr lc..you said it, class personified..hehehe...and it was a major disappointment to pakmat when I later found that those hot hostessess could not dance..and there I was ready with my cha-cha steps..

Wan Sharif said...

Salam Bro Mat,
Wow cha-cha, joget, inang.. hopefully beautiful zapin is also one of your repertoire.
Love it when someone re"live" exciting memories.. Now Bro Mat, how long are you going to keep me at the edge of my seat..
Have a nice day... God Bless